Wellesley Woodlands is a place for everyone to enjoy alongside nature, so it is important to improve the woods for people and wildlife. This work cannot be done without the help of the local community. Volunteering is a great way to get out in the fresh air and see the woods in a new light. Whether trimming trees or mowing meadows, anyone can help and you do not need any prior experience, you just need enthusiasm and a desire to make a difference.
- The task leader will run through the activities and highlight any specific hazards. Please work at your own pace and help each other out.
- We provide all tools and training, with some equipment requiring extra training. The use of personal tools must be agreed by the leader.
- We provide gloves and other protective equipment where necessary.
- Please bring suitable outdoor clothing such as a waterproof jacket and stout shoes /boots
- Tea, coffee and biscuits are provided. Please bring lunch.
- Each task has a trained First Aider and you are insured as part of Blackwater Valley Countryside Partnership’s policy.
- Children 16 years and under need to bring an adult. 17-year-olds may work independently at the discretion of the leader.
- Any volunteer who is rude to others, does unauthorised work, or endangers their own safety or that of others may be asked to leave the task.
- Enjoy yourself and have fun.