Volunteering is a great way to get out in the fresh air, learn new skills, meet people and help the woods and wildlife of Aldershot flourish. Anyone can help and you do not need any prior experience, all that is needed is enthusiasm and a desire to make a difference.
What are we doing?
Community Engagement & Health Walks
Do you love walking and encouraging other people? The Conservation Volunteers (TCV) are looking for volunteer Health Walk leaders to help run short 1 hour sessions on a regular basis. Full training and support will be provided.
TCV also run regular community events. Could you spare a couple of hours every few months to help support these fun occasions? Full training will be provided.
If you have ever fancied creating a pond, learning how to identify plants or have a go at beekeeping then Green Angels is for you. We will be running an exciting and award winning programme of free skills-based training courses to encourage local people aged18 years+ to learn more about the outdoors, nature and conservation.
If you are interested in attending any of these courses or events, or would like more information, please contact Rachel Cobb, Green Angels Project Support Officer on 07468367904 email@example.com
Join the Blackwater Valley Rangers who carry out regular practical conservation tasks within Wellesley Woodlands. Projects include:
- scrub clearance
- improving footpaths
- wildlife surveys
- hay cutting
How do the conservation tasks work?
- We provide all tools, gloves and training, with some equipment requiring extra training. The use of personal tools must be agreed by the leader.
- Please bring suitable outdoor clothing such as a waterproof jacket and stout shoes /boots.
- Tea, coffee and biscuits are provided. Please bring lunch.
- Each task has a trained First Aider and you are insured as part of Blackwater Valley Countryside Partnership’s policy.
- Children 16 years and under need to bring an adult. 17-year-olds may work independently at the discretion of the leader.
- Come out and chat to our volunteers and rangers. If you enjoy and wish to continue then we’ll ask you to complete a health form. It will be lovely to have your help.
How to find out more?
- Community Engagement & Health Walk leading contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Green Angels training programme contact email@example.com 07468367904
- Practical Conservation contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01252 331353